Superb Gite Complex with Income Potential for Sale in the Pyrenean Foothills with 14 Bedrooms
1,610,000 EUR 1,449,000 GBP 1,899,800 USD
REF: 216187 Show Map
- Bedrooms: 14
- Bathrooms: 19
- Floor Size: 883 m2
- Plot Size: 5 hectares / 12.36 acres
- Swimming Pool
- Equestrian / horse ownership facilities
- Gite / Annex / Additional Accommodation
- Income Potential
Excellent income-generating gite complex offering versatile accommodation in a superb setting in the foothills of the Pyrenees, including 3 houses, 3 chalets, stables and swimming pool set in 50 hectares of land.
Set in secluded countryside south of Pau, this estate comes with a large main residence which has been completely separated into 2 separate living areas, another house which is currently a gite with 8 bedrooms, and a further 3 chalets.
Swimming-pool (15 x 7m2),
gym with solarium and sauna,
Suitable for horses.
Fantastic views of the mountains.
South of Pau and leading into the foothills towards the Pyrenees, the property sits in an idyllic setting with lush greenery all around and superb views.
A long gravelled driveway leads past the pool to the house.
The main house was built in 1775 and was originally a farm; it is made of stone and has visible beams throughout. It has now been completely divided into 2 separate houses, with a connecting door. This could be suitable for an extended family wishing to live together, but not on top of one another.
- House 1: On the ground floor - a living room with fireplace and French windows looking out onto the lawn and pool. There's an open plan fitted kitchen and dining-room, and a small terrace at the back of the house accessed from the kitchen. There is a shower room and separate wc. The stairs lead up from the living room to a large mezzanine which could be another living area/study; then there are 2 bedrooms on this level, 2 bathrooms and a wc. Access to a second floor where there is a large bedroom and living room, and a bathroom with wc.
- House 2: This house is accessed through a connecting door with the first. Here there is a large living/dining-room with French windows and heat-recuperating fireplace. There is a kitchen, small bathroom and wc.
Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms, one with dressing-room, 2 bathrooms and a wc.
- Guest house: On the ground floor, in one wing - reception area, a small dining area, a bedroom, a storeroom and a laundry-room.
Additionally there is a gym, sauna, billiard-room, bathroom, 2 wc and 2 small rooms which were used as treatment rooms.
On the other side of this house there is a large living/dining-room with woodburner and open-plan fitted kitchen and bar. There is a terrace with a 'plancha' at the back of the house. On the first floor, there is a wing with 4 double bedrooms, each with its own bath or shower-room and private wc. There is a large landing and corridor which leads out onto a very large terrace of 60m2 which looks over the grounds and the pool.
In the other wing, there are another 4 bedrooms with their own bathrooms and wcs; one bedroom is larger than the others, with a small balcony.
This really is an exceptionally well-equipped gite, with a lot of space and it is often rented out for business functions, seminars etc, and also by large groups of friends or families.
- The chalets: In the grounds there are 3 chalets, which could be rented out permanently, or as holiday accommodation. Each chalet has a surface of 33m2, and a living room, kitchenette, 2 bedrooms, bathroom and wc.
- The grounds: The immediate gardens around the houses, pool and chalets are landscaped with trees and shrubs, there is also a small pond. The pool measures 15 by 7 metres and is 2.70m deep, with a paved area all around; it is secured with fencing all around and a gate which locks.
The rest of the land attached to the property is mainly woodland, with roughly 12 hectares of meadows.
Stable with 4 stalls, so the property is equipped for equestrians.
There are direct views onto the magnificent chain of the Pyrenees. This is really a beautiful area, between the plain of Nay and the Pyrenees with rolling green countryside and lakes, the mountains for skiing (nearest resort 38 km away), hiking, two spa towns nearby (Eaux-Bonnes and Cauterets).
The property is really secluded, yet only 2.7 km from the village, and 10km from the bustling little medieval town of Nay which is on the 'Gave. (river) of Pau, and has all shops and amenities, a twice-weekly market.
The Jurancon vineyards are not far, there are local cheeses, trout may be fished in the rivers, and of course the South-west of France is famous for foie gras and duck.
20km from historic Pau,
45 minutes/37km from Lourdes airport,
Spanish border is 56km
Basque coast and Biarritz airport are 150 km.
We are a free, international and independent luxury real estate company delivering a bespoke service to discerning buyers and sellers globally.
To view this property or to find out more information, please contact us through our enquiry form or by telephone.
Create an account and save this property for later.
Read features and articles about desirable destinations, amazing properties and handy buying tips on our property blog.
We also post daily property bargains and other content on to our social media pages. Don't forget to like and follow to keep up to date!