20 bedroom French chateau for sale with 27 hectares of land, Brittany, Cote d'Armor , Brittany
3,500,000 EUR 3,150,000 GBP 4,130,000 USD
REF: 218768 Show Map
- Bedrooms: 20
- Bathrooms: 10
- Plot Size: 27 hectares / 66.72 acres
- Work Required: Minor
- Equestrian / horse ownership facilities
- Gite / Annex / Additional Accommodation
- Income Potential
- Parking space(s)
- Tennis Court
- Private / Not Overlooked
Prestigious and historic French Chateau, ideally located in a quiet and private setting in Brittany, close to the coast and Saint Malo, with stunning countryside and sea views.
With its origins dating from 1776, this exceptional Chateau was used as a luxury hotel until 2012, with 20 en-suite bedrooms at that time (with major renovations executed in 1995), now under redevelopment to upgrade the level for about 7 bedrooms and 5 suites, combined with spacious reception rooms.
The courtyard of outbuildings includes a pavilion with additional space for bedrooms and spa, various farm buildings; barn and a gatehouse.
Accessed via a long tree-lined driveway, with grand gates, bridges and "cour d'honneur", outside features some beautifully terraced gardens, lake, woods and a tennis court. etc. with a total of 27 hectares in all (66 acres).
Located close to the sea and with sea views, the landscape is flat between the chateau and the sea, and hilly to the south part. A main road leads to the gates and a long tree-lined driveway leads to the chateau.
This property was bought by a team of US investors in 1994, renovated and turned into a hotel business. In 2012 an Indonesian company bought the complex and started the redevelopment process, but stopped due to difficulties in Indonesia.
Now the property is empty and ready to receive a new layout.
Ground floor: lift and accessible by a double staircase; entrance hall (75m2); 2 offices; chapel in the NW tower; great drawing room (65m2) opening onto the park; conference rooms / sitting rooms (50 and 28m2); library in the SW tower; 3 dining rooms (58, 41 and 26m2); corner in the SE tower; butler's pantry with dumbwaiter; staff staircase in the NE tower; further staff staircase and access for deliveries; mezzanine and utility rooms.
1st floor: landing area and central gallery; 9 pre-existing bedrooms, with a project for 2 rooms and 4 suites.
2nd floor: central gallery; 11 pre-existing bedrooms, with a project for 5 brooms and a suite.
Basement: professional kitchens; storage areas; conference room; cloak rooms and a fitness room.
- 380km from Paris by motorway A13 (3h45 drive)
- 60km from Rennes by RN134 (45 min)
- TGV to Paris (2h)
- Airport (FlyBe, Airlinair, Air France) at Dinard airport: 15 minutes
- Ryan Air flights to London Stansted and to East-Midlands
- High speed train station at Saint-Malo (3h to Paris)
- Close to ferry lines from Saint-Malo to Portsmouth, Poole, Weymouth, Jersey and Guernsey
- 5 minutes from the sea, sand beeches
Other features include:
- East pavilion
- Park: 27 hectares / 66 acres free of any tenancy
- Gates and tree-lined driveway
- Main courtyard in front of the chateau with symmetrical pavilions on each side
- Large walled terrace to the south with terraced gardens and lake
- Tennis court
- Town water connection (1995)
- Mains sewerage system connection (1995)
- Private electricity transformer
- Town gas heating system
- 3 boilers for 3 areas: chateau / kitchens & laundries / pavilion
- Broad band
- Excellent income potential
- Was receiving public and respecting the security regulations until 2012
- No swimming pool at present
- Water, gas and electricity connected to a secondary building
We are a free, international and independent luxury real estate company delivering a bespoke service to discerning buyers and sellers globally.
To view this property or to find out more information, please contact us through our enquiry form or by telephone.
Create an account and save this property for later.
Read features and articles about desirable destinations, amazing properties and handy buying tips on our property blog.
We also post daily property bargains and other content on to our social media pages. Don't forget to like and follow to keep up to date!